Sunday 13 October 2013

Production Diary

13.10.13- Thinking About The Style Of My Magazine

This week, I created my mood board as well as carrying out more research of typical music magazines. Personally, I enjoyed the task of having to create our own mood board as I thought this gave me a better visual idea of what my magazine might turn out to look like. I thought this was successful as I wanted my magazine to carry out this specific style/look therefore I am pleased with what my mood board looks like.

Also this week, I researched different mastheads from various magazines. I learnt what it meant in terms of placing different magazine names into groups such as acronyms,  phrases, connotative and compounds. I also found out which ones looked more successful than others. Overall the more simple mastheads (due to both font and colour) seemed to look the most professional. I also took note on why this was and if in fact it was so the audience would  pay more attention to rest of the page or indeed if the simple colours were bold enough to stand out to make the reader aware of the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment