Saturday 5 October 2013

Production Diary

05/10/13- Deciding On My Target Audience And Looking At Key Concepts

 This week I considered the target audience of my magazine. I thought about the typical type of person that might want to purchase my magazine, depending on my music genre and the type of style and format I would use. I think my target audience is a really important aspect when deciding on how to promote my magazine. By promoting my magazine, this may include how it is presented (for example, what it will look like and how it will catch my audience’s eye).
 I wrote that my target audience are passionately into their music and enjoy keeping up with the latest styles and going to festivals. I will take this on board when designing my magazine and for my photo shoot.
 Also this week, I found about the key concepts of a music magazine. This included the audience again, the representation of the magazine and the institution. Therefore I wrote about someone likely to buy a music magazine, what they can offer and how they make money. I discussed a lot of things such as the age of the audience, what might be included in articles and advertisements.


Below are some images of the type of style linked to my audience and ideas about a magazine’s key concepts:










No comments:

Post a Comment