Saturday 5 October 2013

Magazine Key Concepts

br />
This post explains the typical audience of music magazines and the reason they still read them today, the representation of a magazine - what they look like, the institution of magazines (e.g. how they earn their money) and the codes and conventions of typical music magazines.

In terms of the audience, it is clear to see that magazines are still successful in the way they attract and please their readers through their circulation and readership figures (Q has a circulation of 52,781 and a readership of 377,00). Personally, I read magazines because I find it is easy to find out information/news this way as it has already been presented for you in an easy format to read - including all vital points. Moreover, I find music magazines obviously more accessible than the internet because you can read them at any time, no matter where you are. In my opinion, these are some of the important points about the type of people who read magazines and of course, music fans will enjoy reading music magazines for the content.

From my point of view, the representation of a magazine is clearly important when attracting the right target audience. This makes it easier for consumers to find the right product for them and as I mentioned before, this will help their circulation and readership.

I think the best way a magazine can earn money is by promoting itself and also from the adverts shown in the magazine. By a magazine promoting and advertising it through different platforms such as it's own website and social media sites, more people will know and find out about it and these can lead to more sales.

The codes and conventions of a magazine are quite self explanatory - I think a magazine that  includes most, if not all of the ones I listed on the PowerPoint, should be successful as long as the content is relevant and interesting and again, the representation is right. I will also be including most of these in my own magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment