Wednesday 18 December 2013

Audience Data




 These are the  results I collected from my audience survey about my music magazine. These results helped me while I was creating my magazine and as I made each page of my final product, I took these answers into consideration.
-For question 1, as the highest percentage of my audience said they would rather contact my magazine through social media websites, I will include an opportunity for this on my contents page where they can contact my magazine's twitter and Facebook.
-Moreover for question 2 most of my audience said they use twitter over any other social media website therefore I will definitely include my own magazine's twitter account in the magazine - this way my readers can contact the magazine by tweeting the account. As Facebook was the second most popular answer I will also have my own Facebook page for my magazine so my magazine can reach a wider audience.
-In question 3 it was clear to see that most of my audience would like to see features on the contents page so I made a heading for features as well as making one for 'regulars' and 'on the cover'. No one wanted to see reviews therefore I didn't add a 'reviews' heading and instead of making one for 'news', I did one for 'on the cover' as this was a much more popular heading to see on the contents pages in typical music magazines.
-For the forth question as 70% wanted a more detailed article for the artist in the main feature, I went ahead with this idea instead of clear questions and answers. I feel my audience choose this option as they are more grown up (in their late teenage years and early 20's) so a clear question and answer interview would be too simple and boring to read.
-Again, getting involved via twitter and Facebook came out as the more popular choices so I will obviously include both of these social medias within my magazine.
-Even though in question 6 the responses were more spread out, the most popular choice was to have a list of bands/artist that will appear inside therefore I made this the main sell line on my cover. I also did include a list (top 10 tracks of 2013) and a competition as I sill feel these would attract my type of audience.
-At this point I am still unsure about my magazine's name however the most popular choice of name in question 7 was a clever pun so if I can think of one that would be suitable for my indie genre magazine then I will use it. If not I will use a word that links to the indie genre such as 'Alternative'.
-In question 8 the responses show that my audience would like to win festivals tickets in competitions therefore for my competition sell line on the cover, the prize will be tickets to reading as this is a very popular festival.
-For question 9, my audience would rather see 2-5 photos appear on the feature. Originally I stuck to this idea however for my last double page I thought it looked better to include around 5 pictures of my artists at the top of the pages in different effects. Therefore, overall I have included 7 images of my artist across the feature (only 1 on each other double page spread) - still trying to keep it quite simple for my readers.
-For the last question 100% said they would rather read a more detailed article about the artist's lifestyle as well as their music therefore I included both in my main feature article.

No comments:

Post a Comment