Thursday 21 November 2013

Production Diary

21/11/13- Working On The Layout

 This week, I continued to create my magazine by designing the layout, placing images and adding texts. As I started on my contents page, I started to finish this off by writing out the rest of the text I had thought about in my homework before. After my contents page, I started to design my front cover. I tried to decide on the font I would use for my masthead by going through different fonts I had previously downloaded. I wanted to use an edgy disorted font to go with my indie alternative music genre. When I had thought of my font, I moved on to my sell lines.

 I knew that I wanted to include a list of bands on my cover page of typical artist that will be in my magazine. I tried different styles on how I would present this on my cover such as presenting them in another edgy font in the corner of my page. However I found this might look unclear and messy if I had a close up image for my front cover, therefore I researched more front pages for music magazines and thought that having the list of names in boxes would look more effective.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment