Sunday 10 November 2013

Production Diary

10/11/13- The Drafting And The Photoshoot

I have now started to think about the actual product of my magazine and how it will finally look like. In class, we started a rough template of our pages we will create including the front cover, the contents page(s) and the various double page spreads. Firstly I researched other music magazines for ideas to help me make my contents page. I liked the idea of including many images, different subtitles for sections and an editor's note to make it personal for the reader therefore creating a closer relationship. We created our templates in InDesign so we could place boxes where our images would later go.

This week I also had my photoshoot with my model Vanessa. I made sure I brought in appropriate outfits and props to make my photo shoot look realistic and interesting. I took a range of shots including close-ups, mid shots and long shots as this would create different effects and I needed these to use on various pages of my main article. I thought my photo shoot was an overall success as I ended up with many great looking photos, all ranging in facial expressions and body language.

After, I also made note of what I would write on my contents page and what sort of text I would include. I therefore wrote the title of certain sections of the magazine and their subtitles explaining what each page would be about. I also typed up what would be on the cover and my editor's note.

No comments:

Post a Comment