Tuesday 24 September 2013

Proposal


Proposal

 My magazine will be based around the indie genre, expressing a more stylish layout like ‘Q’ as I want my magazine to look more mature rather than to look busy, hectic and unprofessional. Although I will include more original and unusual photos, I will keep the design pretty simple and straightforward as I want most of my audience’s attention focused on the images. Plus I believe most successful music magazines tend to stick to a plain format. For the colour scheme, I want to go with something pretty funky such as a type of green or red - these colours will stand out and help attract different types of readers. I think my magazine will prove to be better than other music magazines out there as I will talk about and promote more new and unseen artists, rather than just popular icons - this will also make my magazine more unique. This will link back to the indie genre as indie is quite original and many unknown artists are a part of this type of music because there is a wide range and the indie genre isn’t specific.

 In my magazine I will include many different features such as exclusive interviews with new and upcoming artists, quizzes to help the audience get involved and many reviews as I think this is an important part of any music magazine as they help the audience base their decision on whether to buy or listen to music. There will also be reviews on the latest shows around the city - explaining what different artists are like live. Readers will also expect to enter competitions for a chance to go on tour with their favourite artist or in fact win a meet and greet with them. These types of competitions will be included in every issue and promoted on the front cover as my sell lines. Other competitions may include the opportunity to win festival tickets as they are also very popular.

 As an extended part of my magazine I will also have my own tour dedicated to the artists included in my product. This will be a small tour around the United Kingdom based around upcoming musicians. Not only will this be an amazing way to promote my new magazine, it will also be a great way to promote new artists. As my target audience will be a mix gender of 16-30 year olds, concerts will be a great idea because people of this particular age are more likely to go to festivals and gigs. Other aspects of my magazine that will attract my audience are reviews about new albums/singles as this will give them a better idea of what to purchase and listen to. My magazine will also include lots of opportunities to connect with social media as young adults and teenagers use these types of websites a lot. My magazine will also represent social media groups as it will focus on groups that strongly care about the music industry and that are into new interesting bands (particularly bands that no one has heard of before).

 I expect my magazine to be published every fortnight, allowing the audience to find out about information quickly as my magazine will be expected to compete with the internet. Although my magazine will have it's own website that will be frequently updated, I want to include as much new information in my magazine as possible as the idea of new artists is a big aspect of my magazine. I will launch my magazine by promoting subscriptions offers and chances to win tickets to gigs. I will also take part in the viral campaign as I will have my own Facebook and Twitter accounts for my magazine, perhaps persuading bands and other artists to tweet about my new magazine to further inform my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment