Sunday 22 September 2013

Production Diary

22/09/13- Starting To Think About My Own Product



 For this week’s work, I carried out different research tasks to start thinking about my own magazine. I looked at three different magazines and took note on the layout and content of the front cover and the contents page. I discovered that the three magazines I decided to research (Q, Kerrang and TOTP) were all very different with their designs. This gave me a better idea of how I wanted to create mine- I want to make my own front cover stick to a particular colour scheme and include many sell lines such as the artists included. For the content’s page, I particularly liked the idea of having a main image to link to the front cover as well as many other images of different artists included. I also thought the use of an editor’s letter would work well as it makes it personal for the reader plus using a different title apart from ‘contents’ would be much more interesting and appealing (this has been used in ‘Top Of The Pops’ where the contents page is in fact called ‘Inside the Mag’).
 
 Other ideas I have also started to consider is the type of genre I want my music magazine to be based on. At the moment, I like the idea of either having an indie or house style kind of music magazine. To get me thinking about the type of model I would include for my photo shoot, I started looking up different style that link to indie and house…





No comments:

Post a Comment