Friday 27 September 2013

Preliminary Task Evaluation

 For my preliminary task, I started designing my magazine by importing pictures I took around the school that I wanted to include. I imported these images by using the place button and then scaled them down to appropriate sizes. For my front cover, I made the image quite large to stand out. I then added rectangle banners using the shape tool at both the top and bottom of the page. I thought it would look effective if I added text over these so this is where I wrote the title and my main sell line. I also imported another image of the haydon school logo to make it clear that this was a magazine designed for the school and therefore will be read by students and teachers. To make my front cover look more interesting I also added a circle shape on the front for another sell line : 'exclusive! Results revealed inside!'
 Moreover, for my contents page I imported more images that I thought would make exciting features. I placed these around the page and also used the column template to write in my pages. I also created sub-headings using the text tool to put my page names into specific groups. This made my page looked more organised, therefore easy to read. I also stuck with the same type of colour scheme (blue and yellow) to link to the school's colours and my front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment