Monday 16 September 2013

Production Diary

16/09/13-  Creating My School Magazine

 This week I worked on my preliminary task which was to create a school magazine (the front cover and the contents page). First of all, we took pictures appropriate for our magazine. In lesson, we took photos of certain school buildings and fellow students to appear on our pages. I took a range of different photos including ones of the new school canteen (which I thought would be useful for one of my main storylines). I also placed a quick sketch of what I wanted my preliminary task to look like on my blog. I also gave reasons for my designs and how they would attract the audience.

 When it came to creating the magazine, we used Indesign which gave me an idea of how I would have to create my music magazine for my coursework in the future. I got to use specific tools that I hadn’t of used before including the way we could select colours and save them for future use. I learnt how to place images on the page and also how to work with the text tool and create an outline.

 If I were to improve what I did, I would add colours to my design to make it look more appealing and it would have also given me a better idea of how to create my magazine. Throughout this product, I intend to look at a range of different magazine to give me an idea for mine. I started to this during this week as I looked at front covers and also read through an issue of ‘Kerrang’.

No comments:

Post a Comment